Arthritis is a bone disease that can affect people of all ages. It is characterized by chronic inflammation of the joints and severe joint pain. There is no cure for arthritis, but there are treatments that can help manage its symptoms. Acupuncture for arthritis is an alternative treatment for this bone disease. It can help relieve severe pain, joint inflammation, and other arthritis symptoms. It can also help relax the mind and promote good blood circulation.
Kinds of Arthritis
The two most common kinds of arthritis are:
Osteoarthritis (OA)This is a wear-and-tear form of arthritis that affects many different joints. It is characterized by:
1. Brittle cartilage
2. Severe joint pain
Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA)
This is an autoimmune disorder that mainly affects the joints and tendons. The signs and symptoms of RA are:
1. Severe joint pain
2. Morning stiffness
3. Loss of strength
Vitamins and Supplements for Arthritis
Vitamins for arthritis include:
a. Vitamin C
– promotes Calcium absorption in the blood and boosts the immune system.
b. Vitamin D
– strengthens the muscles and aids in Calcium absorption.
c. Vitamin E
– fights free radicals and gives extra energy to arthritis patients.
Supplements for arthritis include:
– treats osteoarthritis pain and strengthens the cartilage.
b. Omega-3 fatty acids
– has high anti-inflammatory effects.
Acupuncture and Arthritis
What is Acupuncture?
– Acupuncture is a traditional Chinese treatment that is meant to balance the energy in the body. This practice involves inserting tiny needles into specific points of the body.
Is it safe?
– Yes, acupuncture is definitely safe. A licensed and qualified acupuncturist uses sterile needles in the procedure. Acupuncture does not cause any adverse reactions to your body.
Can acupuncture help arthritis?
– Acupuncture relieves arthritis pain by boosting the number of endorphins in the blood. Endorphins trigger the release of the body’s natural painkillers. High endorphin levels also promote feelings of comfort. Recent studies have shown that acupuncture also boosts the body’s natural defenses. Acupuncture for joint pain is an effective treatment for arthritis.
Is acupuncture good for arthritis?
– Definitely! Aside from relieving severe pain, acupuncture also helps manage other arthritis symptoms. These include:
1. Persistent joint inflammation
2. Joint stiffness and tenderness
3. Irritability (acupuncture promotes mind relaxation)
4. Muscle weakness
5. Impaired ADL (Activities of Daily Living)
Acupuncture Treatment for Arthritis
1. Acupuncture for osteoarthritis
This lessens the severe joint pain and inflammation caused by osteoarthritis. This also helps relax the joint muscles and strengthens the cartilage.
2. Acupuncture and rheumatoid arthritis
Acupuncture can also help treat the following signs and symptoms of rheumatoid arthritis:
• Severe joint pain
• Muscle stiffness and loss of strength
3. Acupuncture for knee arthritis
This targets and relieves the excruciating pain caused by knee arthritis. Acupuncture for knee pain also improves the range of motion in the knees.
4. Acupuncture for arthritis in hands
This can ease hand and finger pain, as well as inflammation. Hand acupuncture also improves the range of motion in the hand.
5. Acupuncture for arthritis in feet
This can lessen pain and inflammation, which are the most common arthritis symptoms in the feet.
Will acupuncture help arthritis?
Yes. It is an effective way of dealing with the signs and symptoms of arthritis.
Acupuncture for arthritis procedures can help manage the uncomfortable symptoms of the disease. If you are suffering from arthritis pain, Yin’s Acupuncture & Herbs Clinic is willing to help. We offer the best acupuncture service and treatment in Frisco, Texas. If you want to know more about us, call us at 972-335-2626. You may also book an appointment online.