Acupuncture for manic depression in Frisco TX is something that many continue to search for. But, what exactly is manic depression? Well, it’s a condition more commonly known as bipolar disorder, wherein one’s mood alternates between extreme mania and depression.
During the manic mood, the person feels intense energy, self-importance, and irritability. A person in a depressive mood shows deep sadness, indifference to things that used to make them happy, and negative thinking.
Manic-depressive disorder can be caused by genes (heredity), personal- or work-related stress, and social conditions. It can also be caused by inflammation in the brain, which alters normal behavior and response triggers.
There are many ways of managing this condition. Traditional medications such as anti-depressants help. Therapies can likewise yield a positive response. Non-surgical procedures such as acupuncture work, too.
Acupuncture is a procedure in which tiny hair-like needles are inserted in certain parts of the patient’s body. It helps balance the person’s energy, also called “Qi”.
Acupuncture Points for Manic Depression
Acupuncture points provide support in alleviating symptoms of manic depression. Moreover, it balances the yin and yang energies of a person suffering from the disorder.
Surely though, you’re wondering whether the needles are inserted at random. You wish to know if there’s a pattern followed by those who practice it. Well, here are the acupuncture points for manic depression:
- Found in the dorsum of the foot between the first and second toes
- Clears liver meridian heat
- 1 cun (body inch) posterior to the thumbnail on the radial side
- Clears heat and mania
- Upper and middle third of the philtrum (vertical indentation in the middle part of the upper lip)
- Clears the mind
- Found at the center of the palm between the 2nd and 3rd metacarpal bones, where the tip of the middle finger falls when a loose fist is made
- Found in the center of the tip of the middle finger
- Two finger widths lateral to the anterior border of the tibia
- On the dorsum of the foot in a depression distal to the junctions of the 1st and 2nd metatarsal bones
- Harmonizes the liver meridian
- Found 0.5 cun above the wrist crease on the radial side of the flexor carpi ulnaris tendon
- Nourishes the yin energy and clears the heat affecting the heart meridian
- Found 0.3 cun directly above the tip of the medial malleolus on the posterior border of the tibia
- Tones the yin energy
- Found in between the ulna and pisiform bones
- Calms the spirit
- Found on the radial side of the big toe, 0.1 cun posterior to the corner of the nail
- Helps patients suffering from insomnia or dream-disturbed sleep
- Found 3 cun above the wrist crease between the palm tendons and the flexor carpi radials
- Expels phlegm from the heart meridian
Does Acupuncture Help Manic Depression?
There’s indeed doubt among those who’ve only relied on mainstream medicine so far. But, it is true that acupuncture helps with manic depression. Acupuncture may not entirely cure the condition but it can alleviate symptoms like anger, irritability, sleep deprivation, and sadness.
Controlling the outburst of negative or aggressive behavior allows the patient to have a better quality of life. After all, having better control over one’s emotions and behavior in a way translates to more fruitful and pleasant social interactions.
More on Acupuncture and Bipolar Disorder
Acupuncture is a safe, non-surgical treatment option that’s not known to cause any side effects. It doesn’t entirely cure the disorder but is still a suitable choice for patients to consider. More importantly, this treatment works well with most other treatment methods.
In fact, patients who are taking medications don’t need to stop when they are going through acupuncture sessions. Bipolar patients that underwent acupuncture therapy show fewer symptoms. They’re also able to reduce the dose of their medications.
“How does acupuncture help bipolar?” That’s a question many people end up asking online. Of course, it isn’t enough to know that the treatment is sufficiently potent and safe.
As mentioned, acupuncture helps patients by restoring the balance of “Qi” in the body. It clears up energy blockages, especially the ones that control the neurological function of the person. By clearing up the blockages of energy, this allows the body to heal itself.
In acupuncture treatment, the central nervous system is stimulated. This releases endorphins that people with this condition don’t produce enough of. The endorphins released reduce symptoms of mania and depression.
Trying Out the Unconventional Approach
If you’re suffering from bipolar disorder, you should consider trying acupuncture treatment. Check out Yin’s Acupuncture & Herbs Clinic—a top-rated and trusted acupuncture clinic in Frisco TX.
Yin’s Acupuncture & Herbs Clinic is managed by Dr. Xie Yin. She has 24 years of experience in herbal medicine and acupuncture. The clinic is located at 5899 Preston Road, Building B, Suite 801, Frisco TX.
If you wish to contact them by phone, you may reach them at 972-668-2626. You may also visit their website—YinsClinic.com. Don’t hesitate to schedule an appointment for proper assessment and analysis.
As many have realized firsthand, when it comes to acupuncture for manic depression in Frisco TX, there’s no better choice than Yin’s Acupuncture & Herbs Clinic.