The immune system is the body’s natural defense against pathogens and foreign bodies. You need to strengthen your line of defense to keep you protected every day. A weak and compromised immune system can lead to impaired normal functioning. This can also lead to invasion of opportunistic microorganisms in the body.
You can boost immune system with acupuncture – a form of alternative medicine. Acupuncture therapy can aid in maintaining the natural balance of your immune system. It can also help relieve stress and anxiety that weaken your body’s lines of defense.
How to Boost your Immune System Naturally?
The following are effective ways to boost immune system naturally:
1. Eat a healthy and balanced diet.
2. Increase your fruit and vegetable intake.
3. Have enough rest and sleep.
4. Drink 8-10 glasses of water a day.
5. Do relaxation exercises – breathing exercises, meditation, and yoga.
6. Manage stress well.
7. Maintain good personal hygiene habits.
Natural Supplements to Boost Immune System
Immune boosters help improve the body’s lines of defense. Here are some of the natural supplements that can boost your immune system naturally:
1. Citrus fruits
3. Green Tea
Acupuncture and Immune System
Acupuncture does not only treat the symptoms or the underlying cause of the disease, but it also improves the immune system’s capability of propelling disease-causing microorganisms. The relaxing effect of acupuncture therapy can also help increase immunity.
Chinese Acupuncture for Immune System
Acupuncture is a form of traditional Chinese medicine that is becoming popular nowadays. It acts by stimulating different points in the body using a number of tiny needles. Acupuncture sessions improve the immune system by maintaining the qi balance and strengthening defenses. A licensed and highly trained acupuncturist will perform the procedure. He will also teach you how to build up your immune system using acupuncture.
How to Boost Immunity with Acupuncture
To maintain a healthy and well-functioning immune system, you have to improve the Wei Qi. This is the first line of defense of the body. The Wei qi energy guards the opening pores of the skin and propels pathogens. Regular acupuncture sessions improve the efficiency of the Wei qi energy. These also improve your body’s resistance against disease-causing microorganisms.
Acupressure Points for Immune System
Acupressure points are the powerful, sensitive parts of the body. For a healthier immune system, your acupuncturist may press the following acupressure points:
1. Upper Sea of Qi
– You can find this point just below the center of the breastbone. Pressing this point can help improve the body’s resistance to diseases.
2. Three Yin Crossing
– You can locate this 4-5 inches above the inner ankle bone. Stimulating this point can help improve weakened immunity and relieve stress.
3. Three Mile Point
– This is located 3-4 inches below the kneecap. Pressing this point can help strengthen a weak immune system.
4. Crooked Pond
– You can find this above the elbow crease of a flexed arm. Stimulating this point increases the Wei qi energy or the first line of defense.
5. Shu Mansion
– You can locate Shu mansion in the depression under the collarbone. Stimulating this point increases the body’s natural immunity.
If you want to boost your immune system with acupuncture therapy, visit Yin’s Acupuncture & Herbs Clinic. We offer the best acupuncture and herbal medicine treatments in Frisco, Texas. We will revitalize your mind and spirit while strengthening your natural defenses. If you want to know more about us, call us at 972-335-2626. We’d be much willing to help!