Dr. Xie Yin’s clinic offers world-class acupuncture treatment for spine pain in Frisco, TX. Acupuncture is an effective treatment for spine pain. This involves the process of inserting needles into different points of the body to improve the flow of qi or body energy. If you are from Frisco, you will want to check out Yin’s Acupuncture and Herbs Clinic.
About Spinal Pain
Spinal pain is a moderate to severe pain that originates from spinal regions and radiates to all parts of the body. This is caused by bone illnesses, bone/muscle injuries, fatigue, and stress.
There are three kinds of spinal pain according to location: cervical pain (neck), thoracic pain (upper back), and lumbar pain (lower back). These are a result of spine sprain and strain that cause inflammation of the soft tissues. Swelling of the tissues can lead to muscle spasms, numbness, and spine pain.
Acupuncture for Spine Problems
The human spine is strong and mobile. It varies from one person to another and enables a person to stand, sit, walk, balance, and twist. The spine can be damaged by existing abnormal spine conditions. The three most common spinal curvature conditions/disorders are:
– This is characterized by an excessive outward curvature (more than 50° curvature) of the upper back. This is also known as round back or “hunchback”.
– This is also called the swayback. It is an excessive inward curvature of the lower back.
– Also referred to as the C-shaped or S-shaped curve, scoliosis is a sideways curvature of the spine that is diagnosed in childhood. This is an abnormal spine condition that can cause excessive pain and breathing difficulties.
Acupuncture can help manage different symptoms of spinal problems – including pain. Acupuncture stimulates specific pressure points that prompt the nervous system to release endorphins. These are neurochemicals that can affect the body’s internal regulating system. Acupuncture also helps improve a person’s physical, mental, and emotional well-being.
Acupuncture for Spine Injury
A spine injury is a damage to the spinal cord that causes immediate changes in its function. It is one of the leading causes of disability all over the world. A spine injury can lead to loss of sensation, muscle function, and autonomic function in different parts of the body.
In severe cases, spinal cord injury can cause incontinence, numbness, and paralysis. If not treated well, a spine problem can lead to infections, breathing difficulties, and death.
Acupuncture therapy can be an alternative and/or assistive treatment for spine cord injury. This oriental medicine practice helps manage spine injury by:
- Balancing the qi or energy inside the body of an affected person
- Repairing impaired motor functions caused by a spinal cord injury
- Repairing damaged tissues
- Triggering the brain to release natural opioids to help manage pain
Different Acupuncture Points for Spinal Pain
A licensed acupuncturist stimulates the following acupuncture points to relieve pain:
1. The Stomach Point
– This is also called the Sea of Energy point. It is located just two fingers below the navel. Applying firm pressure on this acupuncture point can help relieve extreme spinal pain. This can also help reduce the weakness of the lower back.
2. The Urinary Bladder 23
– This is also known as the kidney tonification point. The UB23 is located on the bladder line, at the midline of the waist, between the hip bone and the rib cage. Stimulating this acupressure point can help reduce muscle tension, and muscle and severe spinal pain.
3. The Gallbladder 21
– Also known as the Jian Jing, GB 21 is found on top of the shoulders, two fingers away from the external base of the neck. Rubbing and stimulating this point can help reduce pain and stress brought by spinal pain.
4. Gall Bladder 30
– The Gall Bladder 30 or GB30 is another important acupuncture point for spinal pain. This can be located in the tender part of the buttocks, at the top of the butt crease up to the hip point. Stimulating this point can help ease lower back pain and release muscle tension in the hips. It can also improve the circulation of the blood inside the body,
5. The Kidney 27
– Kidney 27 or K 27 is situated at the depression below the two clavicles (collar bone). Simply place two fingers below the clavicle to locate. This is one of the most important acupuncture points in spinal pain treatment. Inserting a needle on this point can trigger the brain to release endorphin – a neurochemical that relieves pain.
6. Large Intestine 4
– The LI4 is located in the fleshy webbing between the thumb and the pointer. Stimulating this point can help manage all pain syndromes and discomfort. This can also help in managing stress and exhaustion.
Acupuncture for Thoracic Spine Pain and Lumbar Spine Pain
Acupuncture for spinal pain involves stimulation of different acupuncture points of the body. This can improve the body’s mechanism of handling pain. Acupuncture for thoracic spine pain can help improve the blood circulation in the soft tissues of the upper back. Efficient blood circulation can lead to improved health and well-being.
When the mind is at its relaxed state, all body processes – including pain management process, can work efficiently. On the other hand, acupuncture for lumbar spine pain helps improve lower back pain and blood circulation.
Spinal pain is a serious condition that requires an immediate, yet effective action. Acupuncture is a better alternative treatment for spinal pain and other related symptoms.
Do not let spinal pain affect your health and vigorous life. Let us help you deal with the pain more efficiently. You can call us at (972) 668-2626 or you can check out our website @ yinsclinc.com. Our team will be glad to serve you! Acupuncture for spine pain in Frisco TX’ is indeed more fun in Yin’s Acupuncture & Herbs Clinic.