Dr. Yin’s Acupuncture and Herbs Clinic is known for their traditional acupuncture for acne in Frisco TX. Their team provides 100% natural, non-surgical, and drug-free solutions to different illnesses such as acne. They perform different acupuncture and other treatments within a relaxed and friendly environment.
Acne vulgaris, more commonly called acne, is a chronic inflammation of the skin glands that affects sebaceous-rich areas of the body. It is one of the most common skin diseases in the US and all over the world. Acne is characterized by blackheads or comedones, whiteheads, cysts, pustules, and red papules. Pustules are tiny bumps on the skin that produce pus while papules are small, solid conical elevations of the skin. Acne creates physical and emotional scars that can last a lifetime.
Adolescents are most commonly affected by acne, but it can also affect younger and older adults. Teens experience hormonal imbalance that increases the production of sebum and keratinocytes. The use of skin cosmetics such as lotions and facial cleansers can also cause acne. This skin disease can also be caused by excessive sweating and extremely high humidity. The dermatologist may prescribe topical medications such as Tretinoin to reduce scarring and inflammation. Topical and oral antibiotics may also be given to lessen the discomfort.
Acne and Acupuncture
Acupuncture is a traditional Chinese medicine used to treat different kinds of diseases, relieve pain, and improve health and well-being. This oriental medicine practice improves the flow of vital energy to the body. Acupuncture is performed by inserting sterile needles on different points of the body. This is to unblock energy stagnation and improve the circulation of energy.
Acupuncture can be used to treat different symptoms of acne and other skin diseases. A licensed acupuncturist first determines the root cause of acne that causes energy imbalance. Then insertion of needles into specific points of the body such as the face, arms, legs follows. Acupuncture for acne and hormonal imbalance is performed to:
- balance the “Qi” or flow of energy within the body
- decrease inflammation of the lesions
- lessen the discomfort
- improve skin appearance by minimizing the extent of the scar
- prevent emotional distress
Acupuncture Points for Acne Treatment
Stimulating the following acupuncture points can help relieve acne symptoms:
The Heavenly Pillar
- This is located 1/2–inch below the base of the skull on the ropy muscles area, 1/2–inch from both sides of the spine. Stimulating this acupuncture point can help relieve stress that causes acne symptoms. This also improves the energy flow into the head, eyes, neck, and throat.
The Sea Vitality
- The sea vitality is situated in the lower back at the waist level, between the 2nd and 3rd lumbar vertebrae, 2-4 finger breadths away from the spine. Pressing and or inserting needles onto this point can improve the healing mechanisms of the skin, facilitate good blood flow, and eliminate stress. This also aids in the faster healing of blackheads/whiteheads, pustules, and papules.
Caution: Do not stimulate the sea vitality point if you have fractured or broken legs and disintegrating discs. Inform your acupuncturist about your condition.
The Facial Beauty
- The facial beauty point is located at the bottom of the cheekbone, below the pupils of both eyes. Stimulating this acupuncture point helps relieve facial acne by improving facial circulation. This also helps strengthen skin integrity and enhances skin complexion.
The Third Eye Point
- This is located directly between the eyebrows in the indentation where the center of the forehead and the bridge of the nose meets. Pressing and/or inserting acupuncture needles on this point stimulates the pituitary gland or the master endocrine gland. This will help improve the condition of the skin throughout the body.
The Four Whites
- The Four Whites point is situated one fingerbreadth below the lower ridge of the eye socket, directly in line with the iris, near the center of the upper cheek. Stimulating this point can help improve blood circulation and eliminate acne symptoms. This also helps treat facial blemishes and scars.
The Heavenly Appearance
- This can be located in the indentation below the lobes of the ear and at the back of the jawbone. Stimulating the heavenly appearance point helps balance the thyroid gland to increase skin luster. This also helps relieve skin inflammation and redness.
The Three Mile Point
- This is located four finger breadths below the kneecaps toward the external side of the shinbone. Pressing on or stimulating this point helps strengthen and tone the muscles. This also helps improve the overall condition of the skin.
The Wind Screen
- The Wind Screen is situated in the indentation at the back of the ear lobes. This point is pressed or stimulated to increase the luster of the skin, improve skin integrity, and promote good blood circulation.
Acupuncturists will target the above-stated acupuncture points for hormonal acne, resulting in smoother and brighter skin.
Acupuncture for acne vulgaris or acne treats the underlying energy imbalance in the body. This treatment works to bring the body into a well-balanced and less-stressed state. Different acne symptoms can be relieved when the flow of energy within the body is circulating well. Acupuncture does not only provide immediate solutions but produces more lasting results.
If you are suffering from acne and tired of using topical and oral medications, let Dr. Yin’s Acupuncture & Herbs Clinic help you. You can call us at (972) 668-2626 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also check out our website at yinsclinic.com. As one of the best providers of acupuncture for acne in Frisco TX, our team will be glad to help you!