Using acupuncture as IUI and IVF support is becoming more popular nowadays. Recent studies show that acupuncture can help increase the quality and efficiency of these procedures. Women who incorporate acupuncture in these treatments have greater chances of getting pregnant.
IUI vs IVF
Intrauterine Insemination (IUI) is more commonly known as Artificial Insemination (AI). It is performed by transferring processed semen directly into the woman’s uterus. The IUI procedure is supported by fertility medications. These are for good follicle development and fast ovulation.
IVF, or In Vitro Fertilization, involves a series of procedures that aid in child conception. This complex process is also used in treating fertility issues and genetic problems. The components of the IVF procedure include:
- Stimulation of the ovaries to produce healthy eggs
- Mature egg retrieval, or removal of eggs from the ovary
- Egg treatment and fertilization in the laboratory
- Placement of resulting embryos inside the mother’s womb after the detection of ovulation
The complete cycle of intrauterine fertilization takes 1-2 weeks. If the woman’s partner does not have healthy sperm cells, they can always find a donor.
IVF pregnancy is an invasive procedure that can be costly and time-consuming. The following factors should be considered:
- Age of the woman
- Cause/s of infertility
- Egg fertilization process in the laboratory
- Sperm viability
IVF and IUI Cost
Many couples choose IUI over IVF simply because it is more practical to use and is less expensive. In addition, IUI treatment is also less invasive compared to IVF treatment. The standard cost of a complete IUI treatment is $ 3, 000. This is way cheaper than IVF’s first cycle cost – which is $ 19, 000.
While undergoing IUI and IVF treatments, you should strictly follow a fertility diet.
The following factors can directly affect IUI success rate:
- Age of the woman
- Health status of the fallopian tubes
- Sperm sample and sperm count
Here are the success rates of IUI according to age:
- Below 35 y/o – 10-20%
- 35-40 y/o – 10%
- 40 y/o above – 2-5%
A woman may need to repeat treatment 3-6 times to achieve better results. If you’re over 35 years old, consider undergoing IVF instead.
The IUI Process
The IUI procedure is similar to a Pap Smear test. It is performed before your ovulation period starts. You will use a home OPK (Ovulation Predictor Kit) to know the most perfect time for the treatment.
Follow these IUI success tips to make your treatment a success:
- Know the real cause of infertility
- Follow a healthy lifestyle
- Avoid smoking
- Eliminate stress
- Try acupuncture
Most IUI success stories suggest that you should find the best fertility treatment for you and your partner.
Acupuncture and Fertility
Acupuncture has long been used as an infertility treatment in different parts of the world. Acupuncture aids IUI and IVF treatments by:
- Improving the blood flow in the ovaries and uterus
- Increasing sperm count and improving sperm motility
- Thickening uterine layer to facilitate implantation
- Reducing the risk of miscarriage and decreasing uterine cramping
- Increasing hormone production
- Eliminating stress and promotes relaxation
If you want the best acupuncture services for IUI and IVF, visit Yin’s Acupuncture & Herbs Clinic. We offer the best acupuncture and herbal medicine treatments in Frisco, Texas. To know more about us, call us at 972-335-2626. We will help you use acupuncture as IUI and IVF support in the best way possible.